Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Funnies

You really should meet my son, "PT."  His 1st grade teacher wrote on his progress note that, "He is a hoot and a holler.  He really does look at the world through a different lens."  Well, she wasn't kidding.  He loves to make people laugh.  So far, he is not a kid that is motivated to be like others or do what they are doing.  For example, during his first year of flag football we noticed that kids were running right past him and he'd barely move.  He casually explained, "I just don't like to run."  I had to tell him that it is in the rules that you have to run if you are going to play football.  He eventually deciding that he'd run...a little.

A few months ago, "H" and I were talking about weird and dangerous things that kids do in college.  I joked with him that I feared that "PT" might do something crazy so he was going to have to live in our basement and do online courses only.  In enters, "PT" and I say to him in a pitiful voice "PT, if I ever let you go to college will you call Mommy everyday? Please." The kid just paused for a moment, tilted his head to the side, showed his puppy dog eyes and replied, "Of course Mommy.  I'll call you... I'll call you butt!"

What?? The kid just totally pulled me in and burned me with his comeback, and I never saw it coming. "H," while poorly holding back his laughter, told "PT" that what he had said was inappropriate and rude, however, funny.  He apologized and we moved on.  I am sure that there will be more to come. I'll be sure to share.

____________________________________________________
 Here's a funny I found online today....

Men writing the rules

If Men Were to Rewrite "The Rules"

Rule # 1 Anything we said six or eight months ago is inadmissible in an argument. All comments become null and void after seven days.

Rule # 2 If we say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other way.

Rule # 3 It is in neither your best interest nor ours to make us take those stupid Cosmo quizzes together.

Rule # 4 You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done -- not both.

Rule # 5 Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials or time-outs.

Rule # 6 Christopher Columbus didn't need directions and neither do we.

Rule # 7 When we're turning the wheel and the car is nosing onto the ramp, you saying "This is our exit" is not necessary.

3 comments:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

That PT is such a riot. Glad you are documenting this for him!

Dana said...

#4 is possibly a direct quote from Paul!

Dana said...

Totally missed PT's comments above the men rules! BWAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hilarious!