Friday, November 4, 2011

Red Makes Everything Better

As you know by now, I have had my hands full lately.
You can read about it here.

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you about
a special surprise I got a few weeks ago, in the midst of a very chaotic morning.

The doorbell rang, which I barely heard over the roar of the crowd.
I had to beat children away with a stick (not really) to get to the door.
I opened it and there was no one.
Just a pretty bag hanging on the door.
This is what I found.

Then I found these beauties...
(Sorry the photography is pitiful but I must type quickly before the children attack awake again.)

Awhile ago, I went shopping at T.J.Maxx with my BFF a while ago and feel in love with these shoes
...mostly because they are red.
I love red.
I didn't buy them of course.  I didn't really need them.  After all, red shoes are not a necessity.
Well, T was listening and went back and got them and saved them for one of my "rainy days."

I opened them up, smiled, and teared up.
I now wear them all of the time!
Isn't that sweet of her??

I am very thankful to T for the thoughtful gift and ongoing support!

I am so thankful that we have been seen a lot of progress this week and everyone seems happier.

I am thankful to both of our families, especially Grandma, who has helped our family every step of the way.

I am thankful to friends who have checked in by phone to see how our case is progressing, offered to help with the kids,baked cookies, surprised us with a gift card for dinner, prayed for our kids,
 make me laugh and just plan support us.

I am thankful to my husband who shares this blessed and busy life with me.

I am thankful to God, for so many blessings, especially the privilege of being a mom to my many!

So when I click my heels in these shoes, I can remind myself that "There's no place like home."

Happy November where being thankful gets a little more attention.

1 comment:

Kara @ June & Bear said...

What a sweet gesture and lovely pair of shoes. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts your way.