Thursday, June 9, 2011

From the Rear View Mirror

As some of you know, we have been hopeful to build a relationship with JJ's biological sister.   I wrote about it here and here.  At one point we were asked if we'd consider adopting her if this became possible and we said YES...then we were told that we were "misinformed"...and now we are finding that this opportunity may come up again.  We won't believe it 'til we see it but we are ready.  We hope it works out.  We are spending more time with CM and getting to know her foster family better. 

Today, I was driving to pick up CM so that she could spend the weekend with us.  I was feeling a little nervous.  How will we manage all 5 kids?  Will she like us?  Poor baby, she may get homesick.  Will any of the kids be jealous?  Are the two little ones going to keep each other up all night since they are sharing a room? 

Once I got her buckled in, we headed off to the park to play and have dinner.  Then I glanced in the rear-view mirror.  Wow!  What a sight!  I wasn't nervous anymore.  I looked back and noticed that every inch (literally!) of that van was filled with 5 of the most beautiful little faces I've ever seen (sorry I'm biased).

For just a moment, I didn't worry about how this would all play out.  I wasn't planning for the future.  I just felt happy and blessed to have a car full of happy and healthy kids (who weren't screaming or poking at each other). 

I was in the "right now."

It only took one good look backwards...in the rearview mirror.

3 comments:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

Very sweet. I looked back at my three today as well while driving to swim lessons. And I was at peace that there were only three. YAY us!

Anonymous said...

Well said. I am so happy for you and your family and HER. I am really trusting that baby will end up right where God wants her. Thanks for sharing so openly. You are a wonderful writer. Keri

Krista said...

Thanks Keri for the encouragement. You know what it is like to build a family this way. Keep praying for these girls and their little hearts.

Tricia, definetly YAY for you. I am glad that you are feeling good about 3. :)