Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sharing Saturday: Community Clean up and Food Pantry

My fearless Wolf Scout son and den leader husband, spent the morning doing a Community Clean up at our local park.  Yard work and trash clean up made for a productive and sweaty morning.  The guys had fun and gave back a little to the park we love.

Also, we got an email with an urgent plea from our church's food pantry for food.  They had many families coming for help and report that the food received from government money was less than normal.  We are delivering some extra groceries to help stock up the pantry once again.

It makes me feel a little silly, when I find myself in front of my fridge or pantry and say, "We have nothing for dinner."

Praying for the many families, struggling to feed their families everyday.

No comments: