Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Things I Won't Pay More For...

There are a few things that I will NOT, or at least, try NOT to pay a premium for.

1.  Mommy and Me Classes
I am doing most of the work, dang it.
Plus, I have to find a way to entertain my other kids if Dad isn't available.
They need to cut the price a bit, buy me a drink,
tip me, or something!

2.  Large Designer Labels
I have never cared about having name brands or designer labels
so it is easy for me to avoid the big names...for now.
I am well aware that the teenage years are approaching for my daughters, and all of my ideas may change, but I will hold out for as long as I can.
I am not getting paid to advertise for them so I am not going to pay extra
to wear their label/logo/design.
I am not necessarily talking about wearing a specific brand,
but rather wearing a sweatshirt or purse with the name/logo largely plastered across the front.
While, I still don't perfer to be a billboard for the company,
I don't mind as much if I purchased the item second hand or on clearance.
I just try not to pay a premium to do so.

There are a few things that I will pay extra for...
1. I will sometimes pay a premium for convenience.
I have been known to drive farther to access the Starbucks with a drive-thru,
when we treat ourselves to overpriced coffee, which is rare now that we have a Keurig.
2.  I like, when the budget allows, to buy...
from local businesses,
items with greater safety or quality for the kids,
or things that could last a long time like a home or car.


What will you pay or not pay a premium for??

2 comments:

chachismemories said...

totally agree with you on the classes and labels! We go to the library and have fun at the reading circles and music circles. I shop at goodwill all the time! but like you I have 3 girls so we will see how long second hand store will last.

Krista said...

Thanks Cassandra! I am going to hold on tight for when all 5 of these kids hit adolescence! Good luck with the girls!