Monday, March 28, 2011

Time to Download

If any of you have ever spent the whole day alone with children, especially young ones, you know what it is like to need a little adult interaction.  You know the kind that isn't about poop, time-out, or kids shows.  My poor husband.  Some days, when he walks in the door, it goes something like this..."PT needs a water bottle for practice.  L is in the middle of doing her comprehension questions.  J said the funniest thing today....How was work?  Oh, I have an idea for vacation.  Do you think that I should call your mom to see if she can watch the kids on Saturday?  The computer is giving me trouble.  Let's eat.  Where's JJ's pacifier?" 

We call this at our house, the "download."  It is as if I hold onto every thought I have had throughout the day and they just spill out (not necessarily in any organized manner) when he arrives.  His eyes seem to glaze over a little but he hangs in there until I'm done.  Then he usually gets a grin on his face and I realize what just happened. 

I decided that I needed to do something about this, so now I try to have different outlets if needed. I might send an email, make a phone call, or blog.  Sorry my friends, you are now the newest victims of my "downloads."   Thank you!

2 comments:

Tricia @ Take 10 With Tricia said...

"you are NOW the victims"...um, haven't I always been a victim?? And always lovin' it! :)

Krista said...

Tricia,
Fair enough. Now call me and I'll tell you more about what I think :)